Adding Regions to Your Venues
With your new dashboard, you can easily "Get Things Done" by using the list to complete outstanding items. One of those "things," is the ability to quickly identify how many venues are missing a region. If you plan to filter by regions at any point - whether looking at completed report copies, pulling analytics, or approving reports, it's very important to have all venues assigned to those regions. (If you aren't using regions, then this doesn't apply to you.) You might be asking yourself, what do I do if I have venues without regions assigned?
Well, we made it easy to quickly filter by state and update the venue to reflect the correct region. Let's take a look at those steps now:
- From the Dashboard, click the alert that shows how many venues need a region. You will then be taken to the Venues Database
- On the top right, click Add Filter (or Filter Applied)
- In the regions menu, select "Not Specified" (You can filter by State if your venues are managed by geographic areas)
As soon as you filter by Regions that are "Not specified", the system will only show venues that are missing a region. With the remaining list, you now have the ability to select which stores you would like to be assigned to similar Regions by checking the box(es) located on the left hand side. As you click each checkbox, a new menu called "Batch Update" will appear on the right-hand side of your screen.
Follow these steps to update the regions on your selected venues:
- Click the "Regions" and select the "Update Value" option
- Next, select the region that you want to assign to the checked/selected venues. (If no regions show on the list, then you require configuration in the settings area)
- The venue regions will automatically update when you hit submit, and those venues will no longer show under the filtered view. (Remember, we are only seeing the venues where the region is "Not Specified"