Open Shift Scheduling - Overview
This step by step video and help doc is a quick start guide to get you using the features of Promomash’s powerful open-shift scheduling module.
Quick Start Video
Quick Start Step by Step Instructions
- From the Mega Menu at the top of the page, click “Schedule Events”, and select Open Shift Scheduling
- This will take you to the Promotion Selection page, where you’ll be able to select a Promotion that the events will be scheduled under. Select your promotion from the drop-down and click the Start Open Shift Scheduling button. This will take you to the main scheduling calendar
- To quickly create an Open Schedule event, the first step is to choose where you want to do events:
- Click on the highlighted Add Venues button. The add venue modal window will show
- To find the store(s) that you want to schedule at, you can utilize the filters on the left, or use search terms by entering your search term in the search field at the top of the page. This tool will first search through your store database on the Promomash platform. If you don’t find the store in your database, you can click the “Venue not listed?” button to find your stores by searching Google Maps
- Once you select the venue or venues you want, click “Add Selected” to add them to the calendar
- Finally, click the “X” icon on the top right of the window to close the dialog
- Now you can see your venue(s) listed in the scheduling calendar. Now that we have selected the place (or the “venue”), let’s select the shift by clicking on Select Shift. You can select one of the 3 most-popular shift presets, or you can create your own specific shift start and end times by clicking on the “Custom” radio button and entering the start and end times. When you have the shift you want, click Apply
- Now that we’ve created the venues and the time slots, we need to choose days. Along the row for any venue, you can click on any date to create an event in that store for that date, for one specific shift
- Creating more shifts on different days is easy – on whatever day(s) you are looking to schedule for that shift, simply click on the cell corresponding to that date where it intersects with that venue
- The calendar is divided up in weeks, so you can click on the right and left arrows to scroll through future weeks
- Every time you click a cell, an event will automatically be placed there with a default value of 1 next to the little BA icon in it. This means 1 opening for a BA for this event. If you want to increase or decrease the number of staff you want for an event, click the + and – signs
- Finally, if you want to add more shifts to any given venue, click on the kebab menu (the 3 vertical dots) on any venue row, and select Add New Shift. Now you can see that another shift has been added for that venue. You can also use the kebab menu to delete any unwanted shifts you’ve created
- Once you feel comfortable with the events, click Create Shifts and Notify BAs and the events will be created. BAs will all automatically be notified and invited to bid for the event
In “Open Shift Scheduling”, we are creating shifts – which are specific slots of time at a certain place on a certain day.
The event you have created will be color-coded. This is a quick visual indicator of whether you are likely to have adequate coverage for that event. This color coding is based on the number of BAs you have specified for the event and on the number of candidate BAs in the BA pool you’ve created according to the venue and the various selection parameters (either default, or custom ones you’ve selected). The color coding will be green for good coverage, orange for insufficient coverage or red meaning coverage that is too low.
FYI, the default parameter will pull every BA in a 50 mile radius. If you want to modify your event or the BA candidate pool, check out those details in our video named "A Deeper Look into the Event Detail Panel, and Modifying Your BA Pool".